Panic Bars Installation and Repair Services | The Tech Guys Doors and Gates
Panic bars, also known as push bars or crash bars, are devices used to unlock doors quickly during an emergency. These devices are commonly installed in commercial buildings and are required by law in many places. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of panic bars, the types of panic bars available, and the important features to look for when choosing a panic bar for your business.
Importance of Panic Bars in Commercial Property
Panic bars are crucial for building safety as they allow for quick and easy emergency exits. Panic bars can be an essential component of any commercial building’s security system. Here are some of the benefits of installing panic bars:
- Quick and easy exit: Panic bars are designed to allow quick and easy exit in case of an emergency. This ensures that people can evacuate the building quickly and safely.
- Compliance with regulations: Many building codes and fire safety regulations require the installation of panic bars in certain types of buildings. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in fines and penalties.
- Increased security: Panic bars can also enhance the security of your building. By preventing unauthorized access, panic bars can reduce the risk of theft and other security breaches.
Types of Panic Bars
- Horizontal Panic Bars: These are the most common type of panic bars, featuring a horizontal bar that is pressed to release the door latch.
- Vertical Rod Panic Bars: These have the same appearance as horizontal panic bars, but feature locking and unlocking mechanisms at the bottom and top of the door that are activated when the hardware is pressed.
- Concealed Vertical Rod Panic Bars: This type of panic bar is perfect for aluminum doors and features special rods to accommodate the hollow body of the door frame. Because the hardware is concealed internally, there is less chance of unwanted intruders using your panic doors as entryways.
- Side Latch Panic Bar: This type of crash bar looks similar to horizontal panic bars, but the difference lies in the locking mechanism which is a heavy-duty side latch that locks into the strike plate within the door frame.
Important Features to Look for When Choosing Panic Bars
When choosing a panic bar for your business, there are several important features to consider:
- Durability: Panic bars should be made from high-quality materials to ensure durability and longevity.
- Ease of installation: Panic bars should be easy to install and require minimal maintenance.
- Compliance with regulations: Panic bars should meet all relevant building codes and safety regulations.
- Compatibility: Panic bars should be compatible with your door type and size.
Top Brand For Exit Devices
One of the top brands in the panic bar market is Von Duprin. Founded in 1908, Von Duprin has been providing high-quality exit devices and accessories for over a century. Their products are known for their durability, reliability, and ease of installation.
Von Duprin offers a wide range of panic bars suitable for different applications, including rim exit devices, mortise exit devices, and concealed vertical rod exit devices. Their exit devices are also compatible with various door types, such as wood, metal, and glass.
Electric Panic Bars and access control systems to further enhance security
One key benefit of electric panic bars is that they allow anyone inside a building to easily exit through the doors by simply pushing the panic bar. However, only authorized individuals with the right credentials, such as an access card or fob can enter the building from the outside. This provides an added layer of security and ensures that only authorized personnel can access sensitive areas.
Electric panic bars are ideal for use in schools or other sensitive facilities where a lockdown system may be necessary in case of an emergency. With the push of a button, the regular passage mode of the access control system can be locked, preventing anyone from entering from the outside. This can help keep students, staff, and visitors safe in case of an emergency.
|Feature||Solenoid-Driven Hardware||Motorized Hardware|
|Power Consumption||High in-rush amperage||Lower power draw|
|Efficiency and Flexibility||Less efficient, less flexible||More efficient, more flexible|
|Power Supply Requirements||One power supply per door||Fewer power supplies needed|
|Wire Runs||Shorter, thicker gauge wires||Longer, thinner gauge wires|
|Cost||Higher acquisition and ongoing||Lower acquisition and ongoing|
|Environmental Sustainability||Less sustainable||More sustainable|
This table compares solenoid and motorized hardware for use in healthcare facilities, focusing on their power consumption, lifespan, maintenance needs, energy efficiency, and operating voltage. Motorized hardware is found to be more efficient and cost-effective due to its lower power consumption, longer lifespan, and lower maintenance needs. Overall, this table serves as a useful guide for selecting hardware that meets the needs of healthcare facilities while also being environmentally responsible.
Access control systems can be programmed to automatically unlock and lock doors during specific times of the day, such as business hours, and set to automatically grant access to certain individuals while denying access to others. This eliminates the need for manual locking and unlocking of doors, reducing the risk of human error and improving overall security.
In conclusion, panic bars are an essential component of any commercial building’s security system. By allowing quick and easy exit during an emergency, complying with building codes and safety regulations, and enhancing the security of your building, panic bars can help keep your business safe and secure.
Push Bar Repair and New Installation
Welcome to The Tech Guys! We specialize in providing push bar installation and repair services for commercial clients in the Los Angeles area. Our mission is to ensure that your business is safe and secure with high-quality push bars.
About Our Push Bar Repair and New Installation Services
Push bars are an essential component of commercial building safety, providing an easy and safe exit during an emergency. A properly installed and maintained push bar can ensure the safety of your employees and customers and can prevent costly property damage.
At The Tech Guys, we understand the importance of push bars, and we offer a range of installation and repair services, including:
- Installation of new push bars
- Repair of damaged push bars
- Replacement of faulty push bars
- Routine maintenance to ensure optimal performance
Our team of technicians has extensive experience working with various push bar systems, and we use the latest technology and tools to provide efficient and effective services.
We provide push bar installation and repair services in the following areas in Los Angeles:
- Beverly Hills
- Santa Monica
- West Hollywood
- And more!
If you’re located in the Los Angeles area and need push bar installation or repair services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Push Bar Installation Services
If you need a new push bar installed in your commercial building, we can help. We offer a range of push bar systems from top manufacturers, and we can help you determine which system will work best for your business.
Our installation process is quick and efficient, and we’ll work with you to ensure minimal disruption to your business operations. We also offer maintenance services to ensure that your push bar is functioning correctly and is in compliance with local safety codes.
Push Bar Repair Services
If your push bar is damaged or not functioning correctly, our team of technicians can quickly diagnose the problem and provide a cost-effective repair solution. We’ll work with you to ensure that your push bar is up and running as soon as possible, minimizing downtime and keeping your business safe and secure.
Contact Us Today
If you’re in need of push bar installation or repair services in the Los Angeles area, please don’t hesitate to contact us at The Tech Guys. Our team of experts is always available to answer any questions you may have and provide you with a free estimate for our services